Why We Love Mozambique…
From turquoise waters with incredible corals and tropical archipelagos to a vibrant capital with striking colonial architecture and lush natural parks, there’s something in Mozambique to delight every type of traveller.
You can now enter Mozambique without any form of pre-registration. Upon entry into Mozambique, if you are from a visa-exempt country, you will now only need to do the following:
· Pay USD 10.00 (There are NO credit card facilities or change available, only USD and RAND are accepted)
· Minimum 6 months validity on passport
· Minimum 2 consecutive white pages on the passport
· Return flight tickets (if travelling by air) – Not required at the border post if travelling by car
· Booking confirmation: proof of hotel reservation issued by the accommodation booked in Mozambique
We will provide you with this invitation through our partners. It will be stored within your Vamoos app.
Please note if you require a multiple entry visa or a visa that cannot be obtained online or on arrival, please ensure you look into applying for the visa at least one month prior to departure.
Please check out your local travel advice and let us know if you’re travelling from a different territory.
You must produce an electronically verifiable full vaccination certificate at the point of entry, Mozambique will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination record. Your final vaccine dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to travel. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
If you are not vaccinated you will need to provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to the time of arrival.
Children 11 and under are exempt from the requirement to present a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival to Mozambique.
Children 5 and older must follow the normal entry requirements.
A negative PCR test is valid for up to 7 days for travellers using the South African land border.
We’re able to arrange your transfers for you, just let us know your flight number, and we’ll plan the route and let you know the cost! For multi-stop trips, we can also arrange your transfers between hotels/regions.
Across Sub-Saharan Africa, there are specific baggage allowances for each country and sometimes even different airlines. Don’t worry, we’re on hand to make your packing as easy as possible.
See below for Mozambique’s baggage allowances.
Type: Scheduled aircraft
Weight allowance: 20kg + 5kg carry on
Dimensions: 30cm x 35cm x 70cm
Please see our What to Pack on Safari blog for our top packing tips for your safari adventure.
– We strongly recommend that you carry overnight essentials and any prescribed medication in your hand luggage on international flights, particularly if connecting to an onward destination.
– Most lodges and camps will offer laundry services, with a 24hr turnaround but it’s worth noting that almost all do not do women’s underwear due to cultural reasons.
Boasting a subtropical climate, May to October offers a dry (but still balmy), cooler season from May until October and a wet, hot season from November until April.
Laws and Customs
Please take a look at Mozambique’s laws & customs here.
– It is illegal not to carry identification documents and you must present them to the local authorities when asked. Police patrols and checkpoints are common. Don’t hand over your passport to anyone other than an official. Ask to see their ID if in doubt.
– Please be aware that photographing government offices, airports, military establishments, residences and the police or officials is illegal without special permission from the Mozambique Information Office (Gabinete de Informação – GABINFO). If in doubt, don’t take pictures.
You’ll need an adapter when travelling to Mozambique, where they have plug types C, F and M. Take a look here to see what the plug types look like.
We aren’t certified to give medical advice so always recommend you consult your doctor or a travel doctor, as they will know which vaccinations you have had already and any additional ones necessary for your trip. You can also take a look here for travel vaccination information and advice on bringing medication into the country.
It’s worth noting that Yellow Fever Vaccinations are mandatory when coming from a country which has a risk of yellow fever transmission. More information on this can be found on the above link.
Tipping isn’t compulsory in Mozambique but is gladly welcomed, and we suggest 5-10% for exceptional service.
Flights & Time Zone
The fastest direct flight from London to Mozambique is 10 hours and 24 minutes.
Mozambique is GMT +2.
Mozambique’s rich cultural heritage makes it a real foodies’ paradise, the main flavours include chilli, coconut and cashews and there’s a heavy seafood presence – plus tasty tropical fruits like mangos and papaya… delicious all-round!
Turn 27 Days of Annual Leave into 62 Days Off in 2023
Working around Bank Holidays, weekends and a few days out of the office too, we’ve converted 27 days of annual leave into a magical 62 days of travel.
Team Travels… Sarah in the Cyclades
What does the nemo team get up to on team FAM travels? Plus our top tips for spending a week in Athens and the Cycladic Islands.
Departures Lounge… A Chat with Millie O’Connell
Between her starring roles in the West End, we caught up with award-winning actress Millie O’Connell, as she returns from her nemo trip to Greece.