SUITCASE X nemo Ultimate Rajasthan
HIGHLIGHTSExciting local culture Forts and palacesImmersive experiences Incredible Scenery
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
This is a trip you’ll be telling people about long after you get home. You’ll meet local villagers, climb ancient forts, eat delicious food, spot leopards in the wild and haggle in the local markets. It’s India at its very best. Dive in head first and take it all in - it’s sensory overload in the best possible way.
"A visit to India reveals colour, majesty, variety, kindness, history, culture, glorious topography and generally something for everyone. Hotels of all styles, prices and standards abound and, with its huge landmass, it’s a country that can be visited year-round, drawing you back again and again."
Mary-Anne Denison-Pender - Managing Director, MAhout
The beauty of this building simply can't be missedThe Taj Mahal, Agra
Stay in some beautiful Rajasthani palacesSujan Rajmahal, Jaipur
Take to the blue streets with an expert guideClock tower bazaar, Jodhpur
Top tip: instead of resenting the long drives, enjoy the journey! There’s always something to keep you entertained on India’s roads.
One of the best places to see Leopards in IndiaJawai Leopard Camp
'Templed out?' Not when you can see ones like this.Ranakpur Jain Temple
Enjoy some luxurious experiences along the wayLake Pichola, Udaipur
Weather watch: it gets super hot in summer, but if you can hack the heat, May and September are quieter and cheaper months to travel.
A few more tips...
- Head to Jama Masjid, a must for those interested in architecture.
- Experience real India with local children on the Salam Balak trust walk.
- Learn about partition and the changing face of Delhi with a local historian.
- Walk to the East Bank of the Yamuna River for quiet views of the Taj Mahal.
- Two nights are enough in Agra, one if you are short on time.
- The Taj Mahal is beautiful (and least crowded) in the early morning light.
- Visit the ancient observatory of Jantar Mantar with your Nemo guide.
Take a hike into the Aravali hills for panoramic views over the city.
Meet the elephants at Dera Amer. This is an ethical way to get close to these gentle giants.
- Learn about the best fort in Rajasthan - Mehrangarh (a guide is worth it).
- Treat yourself and stay at RAAS for amazing views.
- Get into the traditional art and textiles with our local Nemo art experiences.
Narlai and Around
- Explore colourful village life in rural Rajasthan.
- Stay at Rawla Narlai or Jawai if you’re a wildlife lover.
- Stop at Ranakpur on the way to Udaipur to see one of our favourite temples in India.
- We think this is one of the most beautiful places in India.
- Shop! Head out into the markets and get your barter on.
- Do a local cookery class, the family that will host you is fantastic.
We're setting the bar high with our sustainable practices. This starts here in London with our paperless policies and 1% of all profits going to our chosen charity. It also filters down into our trips. Our partners in India work tirelessly to ensure the primary interest of their guides is protecting our planet, it is a must for the Nemo stamp of approval. The hotels we have selected have all been carefully vetted and are industry leading in terms of their environmental policies. Helping to protect our planet, and the marginalised communities that inhabit it, is a massive part of the Nemo dream, every trip we deliver helps us get closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary