Classic Kerala, South India
HIGHLIGHTSBeaches of Kerala Explore the tea country Periyar Tiger Reserve Walk the streets of Kochi
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
Whilst this trip ticks off some of the most famous spots in South India, it also offers some unique hotels and activities to choose from. Love history? Kochi is perfect. Trekker? Get to Munnar. Beach bum? Take your pick. This is about as laid back as India gets. Enjoy!
You can do this trip justice in a week if you leave out the coast, but if you’re looking for a slower pace, why not stretch it over two weeks? We recommend two nights in every stop excluding the houseboat (where one night is enough). However, if somewhere particularly interests you, or you want more time at the beach, add a few nights! That’s the beauty of Nemo, your trip is in your hands.
Cultural dances in Kochi are well worth a watchKathakali dance performance, Kochi
Visit the beautiful tea fields with a local planterMunnar Tea Estates
Top tip: don’t see the long drives as a chore, they’re the perfect way to see the countryside. Take advantage of your private driver and ask about places of interest along the way.
Explore the areas incredible wildlife and sceneryPeriyar National Park, Thekkady
Experience laid back life on the backwatersPrivate houseboat, Alleppey
Kick back on the beautiful range of beachesGrow beach, Kovalam
Weather watch: visit from December to March. It’s the post-monsoon season and everywhere is lush and green.
A few more tips...
- Learn about the spice race and colonial history of the area with your expert guide.
- See unique Chinese fishing nets at the Fort.
- Try the delicious local Keralan cuisine - we think it’s the best in India.
- Hike through one of the most scenic parts of the country.
- Enjoy a gin and tonic in a typical colonial tea bungalow.
- Buy some of the best tea in the world to take home with you.
- Try the unique walking and boat safaris at Periyar Nature Reserve.
- Learn about the spices grown in the region and their historical significance.
- Experience some awesome trekking, they can tailor it to any fitness level.
- Beaches, beaches, beaches! Take a rickshaw to find your perfect white sandy haven.
- Try some of the best fish and seafood curries in the world.
- You can’t swim in the sea everywhere, so the pool is the best place for a dip.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary