Ready to be inspired?
Sri Lanka guarantees a range of great experiences. Chat with monks in the North, take a toy train through the tea country, or surf a reef break in the South. Your private chauffeur guide will be with you up until the beach to make sure you experience the best of Sri Lanka. Sounds pretty good, right?
"I found myself referring to each experience as one of the best I've ever had. Travelling with Nemo was totally seamless and everyone deserves to be blessed by the magic of Sri Lanka".
James Gibbs - Nemo Traveller
Visit some incredible ancient sites
Polonnaruwa, Cultural Triangle
One of the most scenic train rides in Asia
Train from Kandy to Hatton
Top tip: you have a private driver who will also act as your guide up until the coast, so don’t worry about missing anything.
See majestic Leopards in the wild
Yala National Park
Explore the historic streets of Galle with your Nemo guide
Galle Fort, South Coast
Whether you're a beginner or big wave surfer, we'll find you the perfect break.
Surf spots along the South Coast
Weather watch: December through to April is peak season, but the shoulder months of May and November can be absolute winners. There’s a chance of showers, but worth it for fewer crowds and lower prices.
A few more tips...
- Spend at least three nights here - there is so much to see and do.
- Trek to see the Sigiriya Rock Fortress from an unusual vantage point.
- Witness one of the largest elephant migrations in the world.
- Spend a day in the city and a day in the hills for a perfect combination.
- Meet and interact with locals through our unique experiences.
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic (Better during non-peak times).
- Do as much or as little as you like - it’s that kind of spot.
- Visit a tea factory with a local planter to learn about an age-old industry.
- Explore the area by foot, kayak or bicycle.
Yala National Park
- Enjoy the leopards, but look out for other wildlife, too.
- We think two nights is enough, but if you’re a wildlife lover, stay for three.
- Save driving time with a seaplane flight from Hatton to Yala.
- You won’t run out of beaches to choose from!
- Visit the colonial town of Galle at sunset with your guide.
- Take a tuk-tuk to explore different beaches.
We believe in setting the bar high when it comes to ethical travel and sustainable practices. That's why, for every trip booked, we plant a tree in the nemo woodland, and 1% of our profits go to Hello World, our chosen charity. nemo also uses local hotels and partners wherever we can, so that your travel supports local businesses and the economy.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive safely home. See our terms and conditions for more details.