The Best of Sri Lanka
HIGHLIGHTSAncient CultureIncredible Scenery Indian Ocean Beaches Wildlife of Yala National Park
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
Sri Lanka guarantees a range of great experiences. Chat with monks in the North, take a toy train through the tea country, or surf a reef break in the South. Your private chauffeur guide will be with you up until the beach to make sure you experience the best of Sri Lanka. Sounds pretty good, right?
If you’re tight on time, ten days is enough, but two weeks will make it a much more leisurely affair, especially if you add a few nights to the beach part of the trip. If you’re not sure how to split your time, don’t worry. That’s what we’re here for.
Visit some incredible ancient sitesPolonnaruwa, Cultural Triangle
One of the most scenic train rides in AsiaTrain from Kandy to Hatton
Enjoy Buddhist history with your expert guideTemple of the Tooth, Kandy
Top tip: you have a private driver who will also act as your guide up until the coast, so don’t worry about missing anything.
See majestic Leopards in the wildYala National Park
Explore the historic streets of Galle with your Nemo guideGalle Fort, South Coast
Whether you're a beginner or big wave surfer, we'll find you the perfect break.Surf spots along the South Coast
Weather watch: the shoulder months of May and November can be an absolute winner. There’s a chance of showers, but worth it for fewer crowds and lower prices.
A few more tips...
- Spend at least three nights here - there is so much to see and do.
- Trek to see the Sigiriya Rock Fortress from an unusual vantage point.
- Witness one of the largest elephant migrations in the world.
- Spend a day in the city and a day in the hills for a perfect combination.
- Meet and interact with locals through our unique experiences.
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic (Better during non-peak times).
- Do as much or as little as you like - it’s that kind of spot.
- Visit a tea factory with a local planter to learn about an age-old industry.
- Explore the area by foot, kayak or bicycle.
Yala National Park
- Enjoy the leopards, but look out for other wildlife, too.
- We think two nights is enough, but if you’re a wildlife lover, stay for three.
- Save driving time with a seaplane flight from Hatton to Yala.
- You won’t run out of beaches to choose from!
- Visit the colonial town of Galle at sunset with your guide.
- Take a tuk-tuk to explore different beaches.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary