Tanzania's Northern Circuit
HIGHLIGHTSBig cat sightings in the SerengetiHuge herds of elephant in TarangireIncredible landscapes throughoutThe Great Migration
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
The Serengeti is an iconic, once-in-a-lifetime experience. The dramatic open plains and the sheer volume of migrating herds make this the unrivalled highlight of the trip. But, we know that North Tanzania has more to offer and have included some other destinations to ensure you see it all. Get ready for an amazing game viewing experience.
We recommend a minimum of nine nights for this itinerary. If you’d like to spend longer, talk to us about which camps are worth a few extra nights, or consider a few days on the Indian Ocean coast to finish it all off. If you are interested in some beach time, let us know and we can arrange it all for you!
Relax in and around Arusha, a tranquil townLake Duliti Lodge
Cultural interactions are fascinating across East AfricaTarangire National Park
Top tip: travel in shoulder season (March or November). The rates tumble down and the wildlife is still there but without the crowds.
Expect some brilliant big cat encountersSouthern Serengeti
The greatest show on earth, 'The Great Migration'Northern Serengeti
Get stuck in with wonderful walking safarisNorthern Serengeti, Lamai
Weather watch: heavy rains come in April and May and expect short rains in November. All year, pack a fleece for chilly mornings and evenings.
A few more tips...
- The gateway to the Northern safari circuit and a great spot to acclimatise to ‘Africa time’.
- Try the wonderful local coffee, most lodges grow their own beans.
- Stock up on anything you have forgotten (especially bug spray and sunblock).
Tarangire National Park
- Get ready for some of the largest herds of buffalo and elephant in East Africa.
- Take it slow, get into the safari rhythm.
- Cover up your legs and arms on game drives to protect them from tsetse flies.
- Enjoy prime viewing of the wildebeest migration from January to March.
- Listen to the sounds of the bush from your luxury tented camp.
- Ask your guide every question under the sun!
- Witness the famous river crossings into the Masai Mara during July and August.
- Scan the rocky landscapes for a leopard.
- Choose a walking safari for a ground-level bush experience.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary