Tanzania Safari and Beach
HIGHLIGHTSNgorongoro CraterSerengeti National ParkZanzibar's beaches
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
This is the ultimate in East-African indulgence, a special trip that takes you right to the heart of East Africa. This is a real “bucket list” trip, and our Nemo Guide will ensure you make the most of every minute. Get ready for the awe-inspiring experience of seeing millions of animals migrate across the African plains, before finding the ultimate relaxation and culture on the shores of Zanzibar.
We recommend twelve nights to do this itinerary justice. Not enough safari for you? Consider adding Tarangire National Park onto this itinerary for even more big game action. With Nemo, it’s up to you! Contact a Nemo Travel Nerd. Let’s talk it through!
Immerse yourself in local cultureNgorongoro Conservation Area
Visit the iconic crater and experience a real life Jurassic ParkNgorongoro Conservation Area
Follow the Great Migration across the plainsSerengeti National Park
Top tip: travel in shoulder season (March or November). The rates tumble down and the wildlife is still there but without the crowds.
Local fishermen with the catch of the day, the food on Zanzibar is amazing!Mnemba Island
Time to unwind and take it easyZawadi, Zanzibar
Weather watch: heavy rains come in April and May and expect short rains in November. All year, pack a fleece for chilly mornings and evenings.
A few more tips...
- The gateway to the Northern safari circuit and a great spot to acclimatise to ‘Africa time’.
- Try the wonderful local coffee, most lodges grow their own beans.
- Stock up on anything you have forgotten (especially bug spray and sunblock).
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- We think one day in the crater is enough, it can get very busy.
- Visit Karatu’s farms for some of the freshest produce in East Africa.
- Hike around the crater rim with a Masai guide.
- Relax in one of Africa’s most iconic big-cat safari destinations
- Witness the Great Migration from April to June.
- Ask your guide every question under the sun!
- Unwind with a cocktail after a busy safari adventure.
- Get out on a boat! Snorkel, dive, or enjoy a relaxing Dhow cruise.
- Take a day trip to Stone Town with its fascinating history and bustling souks.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary