Sri Lanka in the Summer
HIGHLIGHTSExplore remote national parksSee ancient sights Spot Leopards in the wild White sandy beaches
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
This Island of Ceylon is full of surprises and there is plenty to do, from beaches and whale watching on the coast to ancient Buddhist caves and temples in the north. For something very special, ask a Nemo travel expert about one of the largest elephant migrations in the world. Enjoy the selection of beautiful hotels - they’re full of character and local charm.
“Having been lucky enough to live in Sri Lanka for over a year from 2013 to 2014, I now return once or twice a year and each time I visit I’m blown away by the diversity of the island. My favourite area is the Tea Country, however, the amazing beaches, historic forts and temples, abundant wildlife and bustling towns and cities are all a pleasure to visit and revisit."
Eleanor Milner, The Sri Lanka Collection
Have a chance to spot the brilliant Sloth BearsWilpattu National Park
Romantic meals for two? There's plenty of opportunity here.Cinnamon Lodge, Cultural Triangle
Spoil yourself with calm seas and white sandy beachesUga Bay, East Coast
Top tip: you will have a private guide with you throughout the cultural triangle, so take advantage of their local knowledge.
One of the best places in the world to spot Blue and Sperm WhalesWhale watching, East Coast
By far the most fun way to enjoy little journeysRickshaw day trip to Colombo
Weather watch: July and August are the most popular and expensive months to travel, so if you can, choose either side of these instead for good value.
A few more tips...
Wilpattu National Park
- Speak to the camps’ naturalists for expert wildlife knowledge.
- We think two nights (and at least two game drives) gives you the best chance of great wildlife sightings.
- Expect to be ‘wowed’ by the geography rather than the lodges (they’re not as luxurious as those in the South). If you’re looking for high-end, Leopard Trails is your best bet.
- We recommend three nights here as there are so many incredible things to see and do.
- Enjoy a trek to see Sigiriya Rock Fortress from another vantage point.
- Witness one of the largest elephant migrations in the world.
- Enjoy the calm seas of Sri Lanka.
- Eat an incredibly fresh seafood curry, the region is world renowned for its cuisine.
- Spot whales and dolphins by boat.
- A convenient stopover before your flight, with some lovely hotel choices.
- Take a day trip into Colombo to explore the capital with a local guide.
- Treat yourself to the spa for some relaxation before heading home.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary