Kenya Safari and Beach
HIGHLIGHTSBig game viewing in the MaraFantastic Indian Ocean activitiesKick back and unwind on the beachSamburu cultural experiences
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
Kenya offers an authentic African experience. It’s an exciting game-viewing destination, but it also offers a chance to experience the ancient cultures that still practise many of their age-old traditions and customs today. Your Nemo guide will help you avoid the tourist traps and take you on a journey through the traditions of the region. Get ready to see the African bush through the eyes of the locals.
"Kenya is different. Yes, it has the amazing wildlife. Yes, it has the landscapes. Yes, it has the white sand beaches. Yes, it has the safaris and is re-inventing the modern safari today with its community-based conservationism. But, above all, it is has the people."
Riccardo Orizio, Saruni Lodges Owner
Camel safaris are one of many unique activities availableLoisaba, Northern Kenya
Meet the Samburu or 'Butterfly people'Northern Kenya
Top tip: shoulder season is the one (March and November). You might get a shower here and there but the wildlife is still there in abundance.
Big game viewing in one of the most iconic safari destinationsMasai Mara
Soak up the Indian Ocean vibesMsembweni, Swahili Coast
Weather watch: heavy rains come in April and May and expect short rains in November. All year, pack a fleece for the chilly mornings and evenings.
A few more tips...
- This thriving capital is more than just a stopover destination.
- Visit the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Sanctuary.
- Ask us about Nairobi’s best restaurants.
- Get stuck into the local culture and ask lots of questions.
- Pack some good binoculars - a safari must-have.
- Choose a walking safari for a ground-level bush experience.
- It is not just about the river crossings, this region is amazing all year round.
- Local villages can be very touristy.
- Safari’s are a great social experience, so don’t assume you need a private guide.
- Head to Diani to experience the adrenaline hub of the region.
- Make the most of your lodge’s in-house activities (included in your package).
- Head out on an ocean safari - it’s just as exciting as a game drive!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary