Exploring Egypt and Jordan
HIGHLIGHTSCruising the NileRelaxing at the Dead Sea The ancient PyramidsThe magnificent Petra
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
If you have any interest in history, prepare to be amazed! The Nemo guides will show you something special, from the most famous sites to the less frequented spots in between. Combine that with a leisurely 4-night cruise and a night in the remote Wadi Rum desert, and you’ve got one phenomenal trip!
We recommend two weeks to do this trip justice, but you could always remove some stops if you only have ten nights. Don’t fancy the Nile cruise? Just let us know, and we’ll arrange for you to fly directly to Jordan. We’ve recommended a few nights in each stop, but hey - who are we to tell you how long to spend floating on the dead sea? With Nemo, the choice is yours.
Obviously these big hitters can't be missed.The Sphinx at Giza, Cairo
Cruise the Nile in luxuryThe Oberoi Philai, Luxor to Aswan
Explore colorful Nubian villagesElephantine Island, Aswan
Top tip: there’s a lot already included, such as your activities on the Nile and your guide in Jordan.
Visit the largest archaeological site in the WorldMonasteries in Petra
Live like a Martian in a luxury campSun City camp, Wadi Rum
Float in the lowest place on EarhThe Dead Sea
Weather watch: the summer swarms with Middle Eastern guests and prices rise, so travel in the spring and autumn for the best all-round experience.
A few more tips...
- There’s more to see than just the pyramids and The Egyptian Museum.
- Take to the streets and experience modern Egypt’s food scene.
- Stock up on souvenirs at the brilliant Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
Luxor to Aswan
- Cruise schedules vary, ask us about the different excursions.
- Guides, experiences and meals are included.
- Shorter and longer cruises are available.
- Take a day trip to Jerash, now considered the best-preserved Roman city in the world.
- Experience modern Amman with its upcoming neighbourhoods bars, restaurants and art galleries.
- Stay one night if time is short, as the drive to Petra is about three hours.
- For keen trekkers, there are some great hikes to remote ruins.
- Split your time exploring over two days and relax in between (People spend an average of 7 hours on site).
- We have hand-picked the most consistent hotel options in Petra, but find standards lower than elsewhere.
- Enjoy being off the beaten track and escaping the crowds.
- For smaller budgets, remove this stop. The remote location pushes prices up.
- Explore the desert with your camp’s activities and excursions.
- Spend a few nights relaxing in your beautiful hotel.
- Absorb the rejuvenating minerals of the Dead Sea with one of the signature spa treatments.
- Short on time? Skip this stop and head to Amman airport for your flight home.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our Travel Nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary