Italy by Train - Venice to Rome
HIGHLIGHTSBirth of the Renaissance, FlorenceExploring Rome, the 'The Eternal City' Local produce in TuscanyThe magic of Venice
All the things you’re dying to ask but haven’t
Stroll across the Rialto bridge and wander the waterways of Venice. Immerse yourself in the Italian Renaissance in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence and allow local chefs to help you pair the wine of the region with the area’s authentic dishes. Each region is full of stories and our Nemo guides love to share them - but don’t forget to explore on your own, too. There’s nothing like getting lost in Italy. Bellissimo!
We recommend three nights in each destination. This will give you time to explore and see the sites, as well as plenty of downtime. If you like, you could choose just one city to combine with Tuscany. With Nemo, it’s up to you! Ready to plan? We’re here to chat.
Marvel in the many waterways that connect this iconic cityGrand Canal, Venice
There is also a quirky side to Venice to explore!St Mark's Square
Florence's stunning skyline can be seen from many a rooftop barCathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
Top tip: avoid high season (festive periods and summer months) if you want to have space to explore in peace.
Can we stay forever? Nothing beats TuscanyChianti region
There is more to explore than just the Colosseum in RomeTravestere, Rome
Italy would not be Italy without incredible local produceRome
Weather watch: this trip can be done across the year. November-March it is cold and can rain. July-September can be very hot.
A few more tips...
- Take a guide for a full day to ensure you tick the boxes before having time to yourself.
- It is a cliché, but a gondola ride at sunset is unforgettable.
- Head over to Murano Island for a different experience of the city.
- Take a guide for a full day to see the best of Florence’s historical sites.
- Eat at a traditional Florentine steak restaurant.
- Enjoy an apéritif on a sunset boat cruise on the River Arno.
- Spend the first 24 hours relaxing in your beautiful hotel or villa.
- Explore San Gimignano & Sienna with a local guide.
- Enjoy the Tuscan produce - taste wine in Chianti or take a local cookery class.
- Take a guide for a full day to get the most of Rome’s historical sites.
- Visit Trastevere for the ‘cool’ part of town, great for a night out.
- Immerse yourself in the city's history, it is full of surprises.
Nemo believes in setting the bar high with ethical travel and sustainable practices. This starts in our office in London with our paperless policy and commitment to send 1% of our profits to Hello World, our chosen charity. Our commitment to ethical travel filters down into our trips, too. We use local hotels and partners so that your travel supports local businesses. A huge part of our dream at Nemo is to help protect our planet and the communities within it. Every trip we deliver brings us closer to our goal - to make a difference.
The Nemo Guarantee
We are a fully licensed tour operator (ATOL no.11603) and any payments you make are 100% financially protected. We’ve got you covered from the moment you book your trip to when you arrive home again. So, leave it to us! We’ll take responsibility for seamless logistics and are on hand in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong (see t & c’s). How about that for peace of mind!
Our goal is to work with your personal travel dreams and provide a fun, stress-free experience. Our travel nerds combine industry-leading technology with individual service and no request is too big or too small. We know that the web is full of price-comparison websites but our fully customised Nemo trip will tick all your boxes - expert advice, individual service and yes, even great value.
So, let’s do this! Let’s plan your dream itinerary and welcome to the Nemo club!
Seen enough? Now it's time to start planning your Nemo adventureBUILD YOUR TRIP
When do you want to travel?
For accurate prices, please tell us when you want to go, then start designing your dream itinerary